Re: TI-H: CAlc keyboard

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: CAlc keyboard

Dave W wrote:

> Or you could get one for $8 i the good ol' US........
>
> >From: "Simon Trimble" <gingerno1@hotmail.com>
> >To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
> >Subject: Re: TI-H: CAlc keyboard
> >Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:21:16 BST
> >

> >I agree with all of you there.  The only difficult part would be to convert
> >the keyboards protocall into ti-protocall, and to write the software.  I am
> >willing if anyone wants any help on the electronics side of things.

> >100 bux for a keyboard!!  Isnt that a bit much.  You can get a PC keyboard
> >which will do exactly the same job (only a bit larger than the palm
> >keyboards) for less than £8.

I have to make a point here about keyboards.  yes you can get a keyboard
for $8 but it will be a membrane type that feels like wet @#$% to type
on.  The ibm spring keyboard i am typing on cost me $60 back in 1992
when i bought it new.  now a days you can get them for $40-50, and i
have seen them as low as $25 on sale (very rare price).

So i can see that 100 for a quality keyboard that folds up is
reasonable. it all depends what you like to type on.

Bryan Fields