Re: TI-H: TI92 as a serial terminal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI92 as a serial terminal

I tried to make a terminal program but I had problems dealing with flow
control as well.  The problem I had was the calculator couldn't check the
incoming link buffer often enough so characters got thrown out.  I think
there must be some sort of link-activity interrupt because the calculator
turns on when you send it some data on the link, but I couldn't find any
info on it.  Does anyone happen to know if this interrupt exists or how to
utilize it?

-Mark-

On Fri, 12 May 2000 BFHSNO@aol.com wrote:

> Nope, all you have to do is use the graph-link cable. I'm not sure about the
> home mae ones, but I've dine it before with the graph link, works rather
> well. The only problem is that my computer would try to send too much info at
> once and freeze the terminal program. I thought about some sort of flow
> control,but there was no source for it, and I emailed the author, but got no
> reply. But it works. Good luck
>
> In a message dated 5/12/2000 6:55:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
> wazquis@garfield.freesite.dk writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> >  One of my friends told me that he has used his old HP48 as an serial
> > terminal and i found it very funny, so i started to search for a way to do
> > that with my TI92, i found the terminalprogram to the TI92, fterm, but i
> > still need a serial cable. Anyone hhas a plan over the cable, so i can
> create
> > it myself? or do i have to buy it?

Follow-Ups: References: