TI-H: Game pad, mouse, and keyboard !!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Game pad, mouse, and keyboard !!

It would be cool to connect a game pad (from a nes, a snes,
a mega drive, or master system), a joystick, a mouse or
a keyboard to the calc.

Imagine : playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo against a friend on
one or two TI-89's with snes pads !!!
Or playing Super Mario Quest with a snes pad !!

We could also connect a mouse to the TI-89 for Prosit.
It already has a cursor.

As for the keyboard, it would make easier to type in
lessons or formulas...

We shouldn't connect all that on the already existing link port,
but instead, make a new plug. We would then connect the
mouse, the keyboard or the pad in this plug. This plug would
be wired to the place where the keyboard of the TI is connected
to the rest of the calculator. IE pressing a button of the game pad
would make as if a button of the TI keyboard was pressed, and
thus allow us to play game that do not need a lot of key.

I don't know if I explained well, but I'm french and I do my best
to describe... Sorry :(

This would be so great, so I'm starting to search for old game pad
to modify. I'm not good at electronics, so don't expect a lot from me !

--Raphaël