Re: TI-H: Re: Laser Network (OT)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Laser Network (OT)

I'm surprised that Globalstar didn't decide to buy the iridium Sats, it
would have cost them a lot less than putting up twenty some odd new ones and
also by what I know they are totally compatibly saying that they both use
Qualcomm systems but anyways its sad 3+ billion down the drain...   ...you
could check Globalstar (I think that's what they were called) their sats are
about the same as Iridium's were,well now a moment of silence to the loss of
a blooming company such as Iridium.........

...I don't think an laser would be good for any wireless comunications
saying that it could be interupted easly by a Periguin flying right through
or even a crow or even the common rain shower would interupt lasers. I think
it'd be better to use an radio signal so it would be harder to interupt.
You could even just buy one of then new 900Mhz cordless phones or one of
those that have two sets and one base...   ...or you might be able to get
one of those new cells that you can use as two way radios when within i
think it was five miles of an compatable phone well there's my two cents for
the day (where did that phrase come from).
Bernard