TI-H: Help!! TI-89 problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Help!! TI-89 problems

Here's my story:
	I've had a TI-89 with HW1 and AMS 1.00 for over a year now, and I love
it.  I play a lot of games on it and thus crash it often.  Several months
ago I installed a version of Archive Utility by DBA (I think it was
version 1.00) and that solved my crash problems--I just kept a copy of
Plusshell and my libs and games in archive memory.  I could always
restore everything after a crash.
	I was calculating happily until today, when I decided to put some new
games on my calculator, among them Asteroids, Sonic Misadventures, Kwirk,
TopSkate, TI-Chess...  The calculator crashed a few times, no big deal, I
just reset and moved on.  BUT, I soon realized that some of my archived
programs had become corrupted!  For example, Bigdyna which used to be
~40k ASM file, now shows up as a 1 byte EXPR!  A couple other files, ASM
and STR files, are also now 1 byte EXPR files.  I can't delete them
(because they're archived) and I can't unarchive them because I get a
Memory error (even though I have 161kB free RAM).  If I try to view their
contents (2nd-F6) I get an Internal Error.
	Resetting does nothing.  Resetting holding down ")" and "(-)" does
nothing.  Taking out the 4 AA batteries and the backup battery and
letting it sit for several minutes does nothing.  All the archived files
are still there!

I haven't tried much but other than the corrupt data things seem to work
okay--I can even play Tetris.
What should I do?  Any ideas/help/solutions would be greatly appreciated!

-Noah Deneau
noahd@juno.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.