TI-H: 86 linking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: 86 linking

I write to you, wise gurus of the noble TI-Hardware network of useful and
wonderful information, in need of guidance. *pshew* Anyway, I thought it
was about time for a really on topic message.

I have developed a problem recently. Rather, my TI-86 has developed a
problem, but it also presents a problem to me. It has stopped linking. It
won't send, receive, or do anything with my computer. I have so far tried
all of the following 3 link programs (Cal, FTP86, and something else), 3
different links (all parallel), 2 different computers (a desktop and a
laptop), and I've ground down the lip around the port to make sure it's
getting contact. 2 of the links I've taken apart and tested, and I've
opened up the calculator, inserted the calc-to-calc link and physically
tested the port. It is making contact. I've reset the calculator, and that
didn't fix it either.

I'm lost. I don't know what I'm doing. Right now, I've descended to talking
to my calculator while I massage it and punching the living crap out of my
computer. Nothing works. So, I submit my humble question to yee, in hopes
that you deem it profitable to answer it. Thank you,

David

"I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the
little-death that brings total obliberation. I will face
my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to
see its path. Where the fear has gone past there will be
nothing. Only I will remain."
	Bene Gesserit Litany against Fear
	Dune, Frank Herbert