Re: TI-H: The End of the Holy War

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: The End of the Holy War

On Sun, 04 Jun 2000, you wrote:

Hehe, well that's a pretty good story. Mine's a little different, though. I was
once a Micro$erf also, what with all my MODs, MP3s, IRC, and the ritual game of
Quake every night. But all of it started to get... boring. I didn't know what
to do next to achieve a higher level of geekdom! I tried learning C++, but the
two textbooks I had were nowhere near good enough for self-teaching purposes.
Then I began to hear about Linux on the net and how it was unix-based and soooo
much better than Win95. "Better than Win95?" I thought. "I guess the only way
to find out is to see for myself..." And so it went. After a few months of
dicking around I finally managed to get it up and running. I didn't know what
the hell I was doing, but dammit, I was running Linux.

And now, I have two computers. One laptop which is entirely Linux and another,
powerful-ass Athlon that dual-boots between Linux and Win98. (I need Win98 for
games and the occasional CDR burn.) But now that I know Linux (and to an
extent, UNIX) inside and out, I couldn't be happier. And my opportunities for
further geekdom are unlimited. Thinking of checking out FreeBSD next. :)

--

To err is human, to moo bovine.
[me = dincht@uswest.net]

Follow-Ups: References: