Re: TI-H: MAS3507D MP3 codec Sale!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: MAS3507D MP3 codec Sale!

From: <cavanc@hotmail.com>
> Hmmm...
> Only 2.60 for a chip to read cd audio?
> If so, then it must only cost about $10 to make your own cd player.

Unfortunately a CD player requires a few more parts beyond the
DAC (like a laser assembly, motors, microprocesser, buffer memory,etc).

> Well, I'm interested in building my own mp3 player.
> What does it cost for 64 MB of RAM?

Depends on the RAM of course.  The memory system would
probably be over $70-80 bucks once you are done with it.

If you want memory, buy a commercial player.  If you want
capacity, build your own with a harddrive.

Either way there are complete plans for players available
on the 'net.

DK