TI-H: Re: TI-Hardware Digest V1 #1207

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: TI-Hardware Digest V1 #1207

>> Sure it is possibe.  The trick is to find a screwdriver that
>> fits those darn star-screws.  What I did is took a flathead
>> screwdriver and trimmed off of an edge, so it fit into the
>> shape on the screw.  That takes care of the screws.
>> The only problem might be that the screen of the 89
>> might be too big, but I think that an 83's case has ample
>> reem.
>>
>> - -C.J. Wallace
>
>  Please report any sucess you have...

Those are Torx (tm) screws.  TI started using them instead of
the standard phillips screws recently.  You can get drivers/bits
from any hardware store.  Be sure to get the smaller ones
though, those screws are smaller than they might look at first.

As for fitting them in cases, the TI-89 will not work in the 83's
case because the 83 has the recessed screen, which would
not work with the 89's flat single-board.  The 89 will however
fit perfectly in the 83+'s case because it IS the 83+'s case.
Just with a different paint job.