Re: TI-H: HAPPY Y2K

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: HAPPY Y2K

>who here did anything other than a normal backup of there system to keep
>their computers running?
>I didn't do anything for my computer apsolutely nothing and when i did a
>rollover on Sunday NOTHING HAPPENED i didn't even go olnine to download any
>of those y2k tests or patches NOTHING!!!   the computers were always y2k
>compliant it was just a big for them to make a few more dollars!!!   so now
>not only can i sit back and laugh people about buying anything for y2k i can
>also laugh at them for doing anything!!!   HAHAHA!!!

Some PCs can't handle the year 2000, and thats it.

>oh ya, they say there might be a problem for Feb. cuase usually this would
>be a leap year but...   ...the rule also says that the 00 years don't leap
>years (for some reason or another just a small problem where you can just
>set your clockes foward a day).

The rule is that 00 dates aren't leap years.  INCLUDED in that is that if
the 00 date is divisible by 400, then it is a leap year.  1900 wasn't
divisible and was a 00 year, 2000 IS divisible by 400 and is a leap year.

I love mu Macintosh and all of my Unix boxes...

BSD is safe forever, and Mac OS won't roll over to 1904 until 29k.

Grant