RE: TI-H: Ethernet 10BASE2 cabling tester

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Ethernet 10BASE2 cabling tester

I never trust meters...

I send a 20MHz signal through the cable and look at it from the other end
(no terminator).

If it comes out within standard tol. of 10b2 ethernet, I let it be.  If
not, I check for shielding holes with an interference meter.

But...the biggest reason for doing this is so that 10.756GHz signals don't
get all messed up.  Not ethernet.

Grant

>I always use a meter...
>
>Brenden McNeil