Re: TI-H: ?mouse?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ?mouse?

From: "Joost Kuckartz" <jkuckartz@hotmail.com>
> >Is it possible to use (PC)mouse with TI(-89) calc?
> >

> ...Hey, mayby I can find it out myself. But then I need to know which
codes
> it sends...

Technicly, with a microcontroller to handle communication
translation, you could interface the calc to darn near
anything.  The problem is linkport speed (which can be
worked around by interfacing directly to the bus), and
software support.

If you want to write the software to, for instance, draw
a mouse cursor or translate horizontal and vertical
movements into keypresses or whatever, then interfacing
the mouse isn't a big problem.

The microcontroller talks to the mouse and converts the
data to something the TI can handle more easily.  You could
even set up the microcontroller to be somewhat generic so
if you wanted to interface to another device (ever popular
temp sensor, switch sensor, AT keyboard, etc), the MCU could
handle it simply by adding some code and making it available
to the calc driver.  Kind of a block device, so that the
primary calc driver would be generic and provide service to
other drivers that use specific services from the MCU.

DK