Re: TI-H: EEPROMS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EEPROMS

This is a very complicated expander you have got in mind!!  Analogue
sensors!!  RTC!!  Although ive not come across the 8535, so it could be
quite easy to do.  Being able to implement the expander in a BASIC program
would be pretty good aswell, especially for people like me who dont know ASM
but are have good BASIC programming skills.

Someone could probably quite easily tackle the idea of having an accurate
ref ocillator fed into the clock input of the calc so that you can then have
accurate timings within programs.  I understand that all they are using is a
RC setup for the ocillator.  How primative!  They could at least use a
crystal!  Perhaps using a serial RTC IC joined internally to a couple of the
spare IO pins on the processor could be tried.  (****TI take note****).
Only a few minor mods and the calc becomes much more useful - like a PDA.
>From this you could then use the extra ports left to trigger things like
alarms etc.  Just think - you could control your whole house using a decent
clock reference for the timing, and something to interface to the outside
world through the link port.  And as for the software to control it all -
just about anyone could make it.

Im not so sure about the colour display though.  I think major surgery on
the calc would be in order to get that up and running!

Although, anything's possible.

Simon.

Forgive the Spelling.