TI-H: EL Backlighting (again)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: EL Backlighting (again)

> i came into possession of an old EL backlight from an ancient Newton
> (yeah, early 90's hardcore!)  sooo, i have no idea how to power the
> bloody thing, i need some sort of IC, apparently, and i don't know what.
> anyone can feed me a clue?

How many square inches of display do you need to drive?

The EL drivers that I sell with my backlight kits might
do what you need, typicly these are used to drive about
5 square inches (a TI display), but they will handle up
to about twice that.

Just the inverter is $15, $28 for a full kit, including
EL film for an 8x series calc (92's are a bit more).

I dont recommend backlighting for the 83+ and 89, due
to a difference in the LCD construction, but I'll sell
kits for them if anyone wants to try.  Ain't my fault
if ya' bust it. :)

DK