Re: TI-H: Re: Thinking too much.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Thinking too much.

I wasn't actually suggesting that the calculator do that (being as it takes
a hefty 486 to run Winamp), but I was wondering if you could hook the
calculator up to a MP3 memory chip and use it for storage, which would be
really nifty if the calc files could coexist with MP3s.

-David

At 05:17 PM 4/13/00 -0800, you wrote:

>>> Hey all. I was thinking: why not play mp3's on a TI? But then I thought:
>>> Wait, 96k of memory, at 96kbps, that's 8 seconds of music. Never mind.
>>eight seconds is just enough to play a midi or .wav though not a bad thought
>>but then again size. n/m
>>>
>>> But on a more serious note, what would one have to do to use the little
>>> memory card thingies that some portable mp3 players use? Don't hit me,
>>> please, I don't know anything about them, but 64 megs could be kind of
>>> interesting to play with.
>>>
>>alright! someone other than me that knows crap 'bout mp3's.
>>Bernard
>
>No calculator has even a wet dream about playing mp3s.  :)

"[I]f there be one of them all, that has not cursed his life many a time,
that has not frequently looked upon himself as the unhappiest of mortals, I
give you leave to throw me headforemost into the sea."
-Voltaire, Candide