Re: TI-H: Speed on a TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Speed on a TI-83

just got a idea,

would it be possible to put a VXO in place of the present oscillator so
the clock speed would be adjustable and stable over the operating
voltage range of the calc.

Bryan Fields

RoniBarrett@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/5/00 10:12:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> gregandrews@mac.com writes:
>
> << Some friends and I have loaded up our TI-83s with a bunch of games.  They
>  reveled in their glory because all their high scores were better than mine.
>  Out of boredom on the bus home, one of them started playing on my 83. "Hey,"
>  they remarked, "this game is a lot faster on yours then on mine"  Indeed,
>  the two 83s, running the exact same game, were running at different speeds.
>  I haven't been able to compare this to a 3rd 83 yet, but does anyone have
>  any ideas on this?  A factory error maybe?
>   >>
> The Z80 calcs have horrible speed ranges from one calc to the next. Battery
> power has a major effect on this, but free memory can effect some programs
> (it has a bigger effect on basic programs than asm) and even temperature can
> slow down one. I think all 83s run at the same clock speed. TI says 6Mhz, but
> in actuality, they barely run faster then 5 in "ideal" conditions, and may
> run at half that when the batteries are gone
>
> Jeff Barrett
> Hybridsoft
> Co-founder and Director of TI Programming
> Hybridsoft.cjb.net
> Ronibarrett@aol.com
> AIM:RoniBarrett
> ICQ:67472242

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and the
fallacies, to avert the evil by processes of education, the remedy to be
applied is more speech, not enforced silence."
-- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis, 1927

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is
the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
--William Pitt, 1783

And just 'cus I am a Pyro,

"Nonflammable is not a challenge"
--Bart Simpson