Re: TI-H: EL Backlights? A LA TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlights? A LA TI-92

From: <IGGYBIG@aol.com>
> Is it possible to do FL backlighting on a TI-92?

Probably, most anything is possable :)  But from what I've seen CCFL would
be difficult to do in a calc.  I also haven't figured out why it would be
much better than a well done LED backlight.  But then I don't think I've
ever seen a CCFL backlight in operation.

All the inverters I've seen for CCFL tubes are huge power hungry beasts that
pull 1A to feed the light 5ma.  I suppose these are suited to larger tubes,
but I haven't seen any small ones yet, and none that are chip based.

> I know its possible to do EL but i dont know how.

You mean you don't know how on the 92, or how in general?
I could give you the email address of one person who has installed an EL
backlight on the 92.

DK

Follow-Ups: References: