Re: TI-H: EL Backlights?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlights?

I've thought about putting a 30-50mm flourescent bulb to one side of the
disply on the inside of the case.  I haven't had a need for such a
system on my calc, but you can get the bulbs and inverters from digikey,
and they would all fit internally.  The light would shine through the
glass of the display, some coming out of the calc, and some bouncing off
the LC layer before going out.  It would be enough to see the screen by.

Wouldn't be too much more difficult to whip up a cds cell with a
transister to turn it on when it is dark...

For strange effects, put a blue tube on the other side of the
display...  Better yet, put a red on the right, blue on the left, and
green on the bottom, hook them up to three unused outputs on the 68k uP
with very fast inverters, and then cycle them on and off in sync with a
changing display to get full color.

-Adam

This message and it's contents Copyright Adam Davis 1999.  Use of
material and ideas are given without permission for non-commercial use
only.