Re: TI-H: More AVR Qs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: More AVR Qs

> Thats 5MIPS (million instructions per second).  PICs have a 1/4th ratio
> between clock rate and instruction rate.

yes, 1/4 ratio !
68k, HC11 etc. is far away from that.

PIC need to read the data into the W-register and then store it in RAM. Which
means, you need 2*4 clock-cycles to store data from a inport in RAM.

> AVRs are 1/1 (a 12MHz avr gets 12MIPS).
>
> There is a scenix, and it isn't totally PIC compatible.  When running the
> Scenix in PIC mode it has to use the 1/4 rule.  When running in Scenix mode
> it gets 1/1.

oaw.. thats really good. Where can I read about that microprocessor ?
I have AVR's Risc Microcontroller data book, maybe its in there. : )

Follow-Ups: References: