TI-H: Link port function

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Link port function

Hi
I want some help, with the Link Port protocol.
How should I drive  the red and white wire to send an 0x85 (hexa) to the
port, I read all the docs, but couldnīt figure it out !!!

This one above, ti-ports is rather confusing it says for example " 0: white
is positive and electons are flowing, or white is negative " for a 0 is it
Gnd or 5v ???  :-(
Javier

-
 Port 7 : Link Port
-
Write
-----
??....??
Bits 7 & 6 : have an effect, but don't seem to be important
Bit 5 = 1 : white wire is negative or off
        0 : white wire is negative or positive
Bit 4 = 1 : red wire is negative or off
        0 : red wire is negative or positive
Bit 3 = 1 : white wire is negative
        0 : white wire is positive or off
Bit 2 = 1 : red wire is negative
        0 : red wire is positive or off
Bits 1 & 0 : have an effect, but don't seem to be important

Therefore:
00000000  00: read Bare->Red and Bare->White currents
00000100  04: read Bare->White or Red->White current
00001000  08: read Bare->Red or White->Red current
00010000  10: read Bare->White current
00100000  20: read Bare->Red current
Other combinations are redundant or useless.
Note: The ROM uses values with bits 6 and 7 set.

Read
----
0000....
Bits 3 and 2 are the same as they were in the value last written.
Bit 1 = 1: white is positive, but circuit is open
        0: white is positive and electons are flowing,
           or white is negative
Bit 0 = 1: red wire is positive, but circuit is open
        0: red is positive and electons are flowing,
           or red is negative