Re: TI-H: Infrared cable adapter

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 10:08 PM 5/8/99 -0400, you wrote:

>And i'll bet you guys didn't know I was reading everything you said... As
>for this, I'll agree that it's fairly simple to do...as is the garage door
>opener. The real joy would be building a keyless entry emulator. Walk into
>parking lot. Push button. Suddenly, 40 car alarms go off. Slowly, joy
>creeps into your heart, and you feel slightly guilty about it, but then you
>realize how much fun you're having.

That's just plain evil... I like it.
I was playing around with my new optical link and realized that for a
remote control you need a separate 40KHz timing circuit to modulate the IR
beam, because remote controls modulate their carrier so as to filter out
stray light noise.  Keyless entry codes are generally only eight bits
(sixteen or thirty-two for the newer ones).  Unfortunately, invalid codes
on keyless entry systems don't set off the alarm, so you'd need to find the
"panic" button code.  Hmm.  Off to the workbench, I guess.  I need more
time for this kind of stuff. :)  After I get out of high school for the
summer, maybe then I'll take it up.

More mischievous suggestions welcomed,
--nick

Nick Foster / zaphod@ici.net / Bistromath
Key ID 2048 / 770F6E8F
Fingerprint  9E 60 08 44 FB F2 C9 CE  BE 74 08 87 2C 39 4B 6E  77 0F 6E 8F

Follow-Ups: References: