Re: TI-H: Full bus access

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Full bus access

That's cool about the network...  Any idea about an approximate date of
the posting?

Well, the way I see it (and I know it's stretching it just a bit) but
that port on the back of the TI92 IS a bus access port.  The only reason
it is stretching it is because if one is to use it, they must have an
internal ROM with no ROM upgrade installed.  Who is to say it must be
used for what it was intended?  I personally have not looked, but I am
sure it is possible to find the right size connectors somewhere...  I
made my own port simply because I wanted serial and a few other
connections as well.  Most things would work fine just plugged straight
to the ROM module port.  My experience is that hot-swapping things
doesn't crash the TI92 if the right kind of chips are used in the
device.  (I still usually turn the TI92 off first though...)

Chris Lambert
EMAIL:  clambert@ieee.org