Re: TI-H: Pretty MP3 things.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Pretty MP3 things.

What kits, made by who, and what's the price range you think they are?
Theres about 6 different kits for every question that you asked, and about
20 more on top of those that fit one or more of those questions. If you're
looking for premade ones that do the basic playing, and the size of a
walkman, Diamond makes on named RIO, and Creative Labs makes one (forgot the
name). If you're looking for car players that also do other things, like
GPS, theres at least 4 that I can think of, and well, if you're looking for
standard, PC based players for home stereo use, there's A TON of them out
there. Grant on this list was making one, but I haven't heard much about it.
A great place to look for player info is www.mp3.com. Prices range from
almost free (if you have extra parts) to about $800 if you go for the GPS
version. (hint: I use the GPS version in my car, and it works GREAT!!!
Haven't gotten lost yet. :) Nice little 6" color LCD screen, the touchpad
mouse, (recently changed to infrared remote), it plays mp3s, tunes the
radio, plays CDs, and can do anything else I want to try & do. I hope to get
pictures & plans on my web page soon.)

And for experience needed, depends on the one you're looking for.
Walkman-type, no experience whatsoever, except you need to know how to put
betteries in it. Car based, mild electronics if you want to build your own,
a little less if you use someone elses design (and you need to know how to
build a computer, and maybe modify your vehicle a wee bit). Home players,
you just basically need to know how to build a system.

-jeff
jeffd@wwnet.net