TI-H: TI-scope

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI-scope

> How about a 20MHz scope with hold and programable sample rates.

Hi,...
I'm currently working on an oszilliscope with a max. sampling rate of 10 to
40MHz (I haven't decided about the final max. sampling rate yet).
It uses an external microcontroller (as well as an A/D converter and a
memory chip of cource) to achieve its speed.
The calculator (currently the TI85) is used for displaying the data (in
assembler) and doing signal analysis (in normal TI-OS).
Due to the fact that the hardware contains its own uC, it's fairly easy to
use other devices for displaying and analyzing the signal. (TI-xx, PC, HP
calculators, ..)
The hardware currently supports RS232 and TI-protocol interfaces.

The existing hardware contains the uC, the memory chip, the A/D converter
and the logic needed to interface these components. At the moment it only
works with clocks generated by the uC (max. 100kHz) but the final circuit
will contain an external oscillator so that the scope is able to reach the
sampling rates mentioned at the beginning.
Besides the oscillator the hardware currently lacks an input channel that
prepares the signal for the A/D and lets you choose the input scale, as well
a the analog trigger interface (currently trigger is TTL).
I'm also thinking about a 2 channel version or a way to switch to a 8
channel logic analyzer mode.

                             Michael