Re: TI-H: Place

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Place

>There is ONE board.  Those many files can be linked together using Protel
>to produce one PCB.

ok, I see that they can be linked, Is there a way in protel to take a .sch
file
and tell protel to make a PCB for it? Is protel capable of that?
Or am I just wishing?

>Not at all.  The type of hard drive has absolutely nothing to do with how
>you access the filesystem.  They both use the same type of commands and the
>same block transfer size...

interesting
I will have to ask him to explain to me again why he THINKS that SCSI is
easier.

>>oh realy?  we are not useing the mega for the scsi controller,
>>we are actualy useing a SCSI controller chip, I forget which one...
>>not my department realy =]
>
>Its probably an NCR chip.

that rings a bell.

>Remember that with IDE the controller chip is ON THE DRIVE.  You need no
chip.

>Save yourself the trouble and just use ide.  It will save you time...

yea.
but yes or no
If we use SCSI, we will be able to just plug in any SCSI periphrial(SCSI
ZIP, CD-ROM,
ETC...) the decoder and it will work with no modification to the
hardware/software..
.I.E. plug and play (plug and fry?)

regards,
Ryan