TI-H: MAYDAY

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: MAYDAY

I'm having a very serious problem...

In math class, I was messing around with my quadratic equation solver on
my 83.  The last two lines said:

Output(1,1,Y)
Output(2,2,Z)

Y and Z were the solutions to the problem.

When I ran the program, at the end, it would only print a screen-full of
ASCII garbage.  It was REALLY weird.  I made a new program with only the
two Outputs, and ran it.  More ASCII garbage.

At this point, I thought something was seriously wrong, so I told the
calc to run a self-diagnostic (MODE + ALPHA + S + ENTER)  It counted
from 0 to about 110, and then a moron friend of mine hit ON.  The screen
flashed various patterns, until it finally went all black.  I took the
batteries out, and let the calc sit for about two minutes.  When I
popped the batteries back in, it said "Mem Cleared."  I put the
quadratic equation solver back onto the calc, and ran it.  Still ASCII
garbage.  So, I ran the self-diagnostics again.  It's been counting
since noon, and it's now around 11000.  What's up with that?  Does it
mean something's terribly screwed up?  Was my calculator abducted by
aliens?  I've opened it up; is it still under warranty?  How does the
self-diagnostic work?  When will it finish?  Will my calc ever work
again?