Re: TI-H: Open a TI-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Open a TI-89

From: TGaArdvark@aol.com <TGaArdvark@aol.com>
>You should hear a series of
>loud snaps.  Nothing is breaking.  Those are auto-
>release and will not break off or even get looser by
>this disassembly (though I wouldn't recommend doing it
>daily, I'm sure they do wear out after a few hundred
>openings).

There are a total of 4 of those latches in every calc I have
seen, two near the bottom and two near the top.  Once you
get one off I recommend pushing the back of the case side-
ways to unlatch the otherside without 'snapping' it off.  It will
last longer that way.  Same goes for the two top ones, they
are much easer to do.

I have had my calc apart somewhere between 20 and 50
times.  Each time it got easier to open those latches, until
one finally broke off.  It is now very easy to open, and looks
no different from the outside, since the screws at the bottom
hold it together.

DK