Re: TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

>you build it yourself - another thing you can't do with a Mac).  Something
>of equivalent performance and capability would cost about $2500-$2600 from
>Mac.  You can't deny that.

You can build one yourself (I have some macs in ATX boxes) and it doesn't
cost that ANYMORE.

>Don't get me wrong - I think the Mac is a _GREAT_ platform.  But Macintosh,
>Inc. has CRIPPLED it.

Tell me, since when is it Macintosh Inc?

>P.S. - out of curiosity, can you run Linux on a Mac?

You can run 5 different distributions of Linux on Macs, OpenBSD, NetBSD,
BeOS, and some specialized Linux takeoffs.

My G3 with linux is able to make people stare...and they didn't know it was
a mac because It had a MAG monitor, PC mouse, PC keyboard, and it was in an
ATX case.