Re: TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

sheilding is heavy and on a spacestation every kilogram is vital.
it's not cheap to send stuff up in space..
and if the spacestation can manage on a 386, then there is no need to have
anything more. And what do you think the scientists need there thinkpads for?
just some writeing in word or something, they are not up there to play quake or
something. if they need computing power, they just beam down the data to nasa,
and they can do the computations. I was suprised to hear that they even had
pentiums. but then again, a pentium notebook is probablyy smaller and lighter
than old 486 notebooks, and if they can handle the radiation, so why not?

//Olle