Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

In a message dated 7/17/99 3:49:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
starkruzr@hotmail.com writes:

> It ain't THAT close.  Close-ish, perhaps.  Well.  Hm.  Where can I see the
>  results of that test?  :)  See, I'm in the market for a laptop, and there
>  are already Celeron/466 chips available for them, so that might be a good
>  idea.  Would a Celeron/466 system perform better than my PII/400 desktop
>  system, you think?  Accounting for the 100MHz bus (or lack thereof), and
>  all?
>  I can spend about $2000 on this thing.  What do you guys suggest as far as
>  processor, mem, gfx, etc?  Where should I look?  I'm sort of afraid to buy
>  from Pricewatch because I've had bad experiences with PW companies in the
>  past.  Should I get a personally configured Presario from Compaq?  I know
>  want to go with AMD because you get so much more for your $$$.  But.
Inform

>  me!
>  I agree with you, though, that the PII and PIII are overpriced for what
you
>  get.  I can't WAIT for the K7, baby :)

One thing I found when I bought my first laptop was that the 14.1 in screen
would run at 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 but when ran at 640x480 only used
about 30% of the screen and at 800x600 only used %60 of the nice I thought
big 14.1 screen, it wasn't cabable of scaling the 640x480 too full screen
size, maybe that my toshiba calls it its value line, it is toshiba satellite,
also watch out for crappy vid cards the put in laptops.
Justin