Re: TI-H: Link port Software for Linux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Link port Software for Linux

heh, i just installed linux 2 days ago and i need to find the tigl software too...

as for running stuff off disks and cdroms,

check out /etc/fstab on your linux pc (as root)... you might want to see if /dev/fd0 and /mnt/cdrom (or /cdrom) isn't set as user... adding "user" will allow you to access the drive as a normal user.

on /dev/fd0, you might want to change ext2 to auto, so it can autodetect what filesystem the disk is using (i.e. ext2, msdos)

after all that is done, save that file.

"mount /floppy (or /mnt/floppy)" will allow you to access the drive.  to load a seperate disk (i.e. you removed the disk and put in another), you must "umount" that same device.

hope you're having as much fun as i am ;)
-Greg