Re: TI-H: Off Topic, Windows 95 trivia

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Off Topic, Windows 95 trivia

>> I don't see why, a command line has no inherent superiorities
>> over an intellegently designed GUI.  The usual problem is that
>> the interfaces are not well designed, Windows NT has always
>> had some options in screwy places.
>
>Well, i can write a quick little bash script on my command line to do
damn
>near anything i'd ever want to do to a directory or a set of
directories.

Yep, I never said that an OS should be without a
command processor, just that it doesn't necessarily
NEED one.  Also, command processor and GUI are not
mutually exclusive (as you noted), it is perfectly
plausable for an OS to be totally GUI, and still
allow you to run a text command processor to do
all those handy things you can do with it.
Its likely that any OS that were to come without
a command processor would soon have one written for
it.

DK