TI-H: IR Avoidance (OT)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: IR Avoidance (OT)

Well this is an OT message but it still has to do with electronics.
Anyway, how can you set up an IR obstacle avoidance loop with two motors?  I
know you need a IR transmitter and 2 IR recievers (similar to a phototropic
behavior) and the IR I'm guessing is supposed to bounce off the obstacle and
if it is above a certain level (determined with potentiometers?) then the
robot will turn one way or another, right?  Anyway, are the IR recievers more
IR detected=high or more IR detected=low (for resistance, I'm guessing they
are something like photodiodes).  Well thanks for listening to my jumbled
question.  BTW, I'm asking this because I am building a small robot and I
would prefer not to include "feelers" that would indicate when to turn, it's a
bit too primitive for me.

Rob Hornick
(I used to be firepower5)