Re: TI-H: My TI92 Hardware Homepage : RTLink?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: My TI92 Hardware Homepage : RTLink?

The only answer I can give to you is just the first question. If you
want a reference book of electronic symbols, I use radio shack's book.
I forgot what it is called, but it is green colored, it is made of
cheap paper, and the area size is pretty big.

---David Knaack <dknaack@geocities.com> wrote:

> From: Christian Auer <ca1@gmx.net>
> >My TI92 Hardware Homepage has been updated...
> >http://members.xoom.com/Ti92/index.html
>

> You mention on the radio link page that you don't understand some of
the
> symbols used in the schematic, like which ones?  He is using those
little
> trapezoids for transistors and in one place he has a cap drawn with
the
> gap filled with slanted lines.  Not sure what that means.
>
> I have three questions about this circuit.  I'm no EE, my
electronics skill
> doesn't extend much above the basics, so I may be totally off, but a
couple
> of things looked a bit strange to me.
>
> First, and this is a big one, there is no indication that the
separate power
> supply for this thing has a common ground with the calculator.  He
> explicitly
> mentions that the link's ground cable is not to be connected.  That
means
> that 5v on the red wire (relative to to the calc ground) isn't
necessarily
> 5v relative to the RTLink's ground.
>
> Second, the white wire is connected directly to battery negative ??
Doesn't
> that make it kind of hard to send half of the bits and ack the other
half?
> I don't see how the RTLink can ack any bits received from the calc.
>
> Third, well, I forget what the third was, but last I knew there was no
> working
> radio link (other than perhaps Grants, but I haven't heard of anyone
else
> who has successfully built that).  Is this one of the hoax plans, or
does
> this thing really work?
>
> DK

==
__    __
\ \  / /
 \ \/ /
  \__/isit my Website on TI-85 at: http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/9822/tifiles/ticalc.html
Updated at least once a week.
"A Calculator for every Home" --Quoted by me!!!