TI-H: networking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: networking

OK, I happen to be a certified network guy.  The cheapest way is to set up a
10base2 network.  One t connector for each card, two terminators (1 for each
end) and a coax (RG-58) cable between the cables.

Then there is 10baseT.  10baseT cards can be found by the dozen.  you can
hook up two computers with a cross over cable (pins 1 &3, and pins 2&6 are
switched, i.e. RX and TX)  But you can buy a small hub pretty cheaply.  A
while ago I bought a 4 port NetGear Hub for $35.

But nowadays I'm really gung ho.  Working for a large corporation has it's
advantages (And I'm not talking about stealing.)  They tend to be very
wasteful and have no problems giving their telecom data techs (me) old
equipment.  So I got my self fiber optic cards, fiber patch cables (really
expensive) and a 12 port fiber hub.  Everything runs at 100 MBPS (didn't
cost me a penny) and I can have as many electromagnets as I want in my room.
However this is not the norm and if it wasn't for the generosity of my work
I would be still using 10baseT

Hey, if you have any networking questions give me an email.  (my email is in
the signature)

Brenden McNeil
Microsoft Certified Professional
A+ Certified Service Technician
bmcneil@delanet.com
Fax: (305) 675-0871
AOL Instant Messenger: mcneil1458
ICQ: 9155183
http://www.bmcneil.com

Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"