TI-H: Ok, someone asked for an OT question, so here's one.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Ok, someone asked for an OT question, so here's one.

Since it is the holiday season, and I'm throwing a few parties, I wanted to
set up my computer/mp3 player so it can be in one room (downstairs) and
broadcast the music it's playing to the radio upstairs. I took a look around
the web for any FM transmitters, but couldn't find one that was simple and
cheap to build. Anyone know anyplace that I could find one? I had one from
Target a few years ago for my old beat up junk bucket of a car, to go from
the CD player to the non-cassetted radio, but it died and broke. It now only
broadcasts to the "broken" band, whatever that could be. Anyone know
anyplace I could either get one (ie, under $20, but powerful enough to go
about 200 feet) or build one? (ie a 5 mW transmitter, I know that will go
far enough.)

-jeff dezur
jeffd@wwnet.net