Re: TI-H: What should I buy ??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: What should I buy ??

The question to ask whenever someone asks a question like this is, "How much
money do you have to spend?"  To be honest, I would tell you  to get an
Athlon system - the system with the longest upgrading path on the market
right now.

However, to directly answer what you asked, I would recommend an Abit or
Asus mobo.

As for the processors....weeeeeell....:)

Of course the motherboard choice depends on the processor you choose.  It
depends on what you want to do with the machine, too.  If you don't want to
play a lot of games, I would DEFINITELY say go with the AMD K6-III (or 2, if
you must).  If you DO want to play games, though, I'd say take the Celeron -
AMD didn't fix their floating point problems until they came out with the
Athlon.

And that's my 2 cents.  :-)

----Original Message Follows----
Hi
Does anybody know where to see a simple comparison table for motherboards
and processors.??
I think I will buy a BX-2000 748 or SOYO 5 EMA plus, can somebody tell me
which to choose ??
What between an AMD K6 350 or Celeron 366 ??
Any hints would help
Bye
Javier