Re: TI-H: Web server Q

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Web server Q

From: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
> What you asked for is an EXTREMELY basic part of a www server.  I'm
> surprized the MS peronal www server doesn't have it.  Macintosh Web
Sharing
> does.

It supports it, you just have to make sure its turned on.  Unless microsoft
has been changing things again, PWS and IIS are the same product with
different packaging (just like NTW and NTS), so PWS supports everything
that IIS does (except perhaps some parts they may have crippled to make
it a desktop product).

I've used apache too, and I don't see much advantage, particularly when
PWS is already installed.  In that case, unless apache does something
specific that you need that PWS does not support, there isn't really a
big reason to switch.

Follow-Ups: References: