TI-H: Infrared control

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Infrared control

   This is not really related to TI calculators specifically, but then
again, 90% of the posts here are nothing to do with computers anyway.
   Does anybody here have information on using IrDA (a standard for infrared
communications) to control actual devices, such as stereo systems, TVs,
etc.? I wrote a program for my Handheld PC running Windows CE that simply
reads 100 bytes from the IrDA port. At first it just waits. But then if you
take a remote control, as long as you hold down a button, the HPC (Handheld
PC) can read from the port. Once 100 bytes are done, my program finishes. I
have tried to examine the input from Panasonic and Sony remote controls and
each seems unique in its one way, but I cannot seems to understand how they
send their information.
   I have tried examining other programs that use infrared for other things
but no success. Any information is appreciated.

Eilon Lipton
yoe@mediaone.net