Re: TI-H: Serial port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Serial port

From: Antonio Larrosa <antlarr@arrakis.es>
>Now, I have this list of ports, could you please tell me which one has
>the status I have to read and write ?

I don't normally access the hardware directly, the windows API
gives me easy access to the serial port, so I don't have to worry
about what memory locations are what.

>I supposed it's 0x2FD, but it's only read, so in case it is, I should
>read from one and write to another port, isn't it ?

>From the Link port text file at ticalc. org:

The bits CTS/DSR can be
read from port $3F8+6, bit 4 (CTS) and bit 5 (DSR). The bits RTS/DTR is
controlled from port $3F8+4, bit 0 (DTR) and bit 1 (RTS). $3F8 is the port-
address for COM1: (or $2F8 if COM2: is used).

The document has C and Pascal example routines for sending and
receiving data.

>(btw, is there any application available which
>releases its source code ? :-) )

Yes several, check the ticalc.org archives.

Oh freddled gruntbuggly thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lugrid bee.
Groop I implore thee my froonting turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don't!    -- "Vogon Poetry", Douglas Adams