Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
>>In a message dated 4/9/99 9:19:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>>rosyna@earthlink.net writes:
>>
>>> Windows can only compile for windows? Hah, can I have confirmation on
>>>  this so I can brag about it?
>>>
>>i omight be wrong but what about java?
>
>Java is interpreted.

I don't use Java, but aren't platform specific compilers used to
increase the execution speed?  Like microsofts JIT (Just In Time)
compiler?

Anyway, the core of the issue is that Java runs on a virtual
machine, and its code is not directly executed by the processor.
It runs much the same way Nintendo games are emulated on
the PC.  The code means nothing to the actual processor in
the system, so the emulator does the translation.

DK