Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

Ryan Caron wrote:

>     I recall from awhile back that somebody was writing a  link  program   for the Ti-86
> for the Linux OS for one of the so-called "$4 serial link cables".  Has that project
> been finished?  If so, where can I get a copy.  If not, when will it become available.

I'm also doing an app (well, just designing it currently) for the ti-89,
I suppose the internals would be very similar to this one you mention
anyway.

Could you please send me the homepage link when you find it ?
Thanks.

I plan my app to support only the "$4 serial link", it will have a KDE
interface, with a syntax-highlighting editor (using CORBA), DND
(from Konqueror, previously called KFM), etc.

Keep in mind I said "it will". There aren't any sources yet, because I'm
stuck with the communication functions. I still haven't found how to
get/set the state of the port as David Knaack told me... but once I
do that, the gui is fairly easy to do using the KDE libs.

>     The reason why I ask is because I am trying to get as far away from Microsoft as I
> can, and since everybody here seems intelligent enough to use Linux, I suggest you do
> the same.  If you need help getting Linux, just ask me.

I also offer to help anyone (btw, you probably have better reasons to
change to Linux than that :-) )

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez