Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux link software.

From: Rosyna <rosyna@earthlink.net>
>Windows can only compile for windows? Hah, can I have confirmation on
>this so I can brag about it?

Hate to break this too you guys, but Windows doesn't compile anything,
its an operating system, not a compiler.

There is no reason at all why someone could not write a Unix or Mac or
TI-85 compiler to run on windows.  All it has to do is read the source
code and spit out executable code for the target platform.  The exectuable
code wouldn't RUN on windows, but if you copied it to the correct platform
it would run.

So how many of you have ever written 85 assembly code on your windows
computer, used the table assembler to assemble (ie compile) it to TI
executable
code and then transfered it to an 85?

Depending on who you ask there might be a distinction between a full
compiler and a table assembler, so another example is in order.

Anybody here ever write a windows CE program on a windows box?  You
weren't compiling x86 code you know (unless of course you had one of those
486 based CE boxes).  It could have been any number of different processors.
The generated code is NOT windows code.