TI-H: Serial port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Serial port

Hello,

Finally, as I can't find what makes the parallel link not to work, I've
made a serial link.
Now, there isn't any application to use the serial link with a ti89 (nor
to test the link afaik), so I've decided to develop one.

I'll use (I am using) linux, and already know how to send bytes through
the port, but I've read the communication goes bit per bit.
That is, to send a bit I have to send a 0 through a wire, then the
calculator send a 0 thru the other one, I then send a 1 thru the first one
and the calculator does the same thru the other one, isn't it ?

Now, how can I handle directly what is being send through each pin in
the serial port ?
Anybody knows where can I find such information ?

Thanks,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
Student of Mathematics