Re: TI-H: empeg player

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: empeg player

From: Ryan Pogge <pogge@shore.intercom.net>
>not to bad realy if he would just provide a little more user
>interface ...
>its realy a full blown linux system... if he would just put
>a VGA out
>and a keyboard :)

They are planning some things like that, but adding to the complexity of the
system would have delayed their time to market for many more months.  I'd
rather see a functional product on the market with fewer features than one
that has more features but never makes it to production.  That happens to
far to many software projects, I'm sure it is similar with hardware.

>of course for JUST an MP3 player that price is a little
>steep....

Its not just an MP3 player tho, its an application specific Linux box,
future revisions will likely give more advanced users access to the power
contained within.

A simple MP3 player would be great, particularly if its about 1/3 the price
of that sucker :)

DK