Re: TI-H: Networking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Networking

>SHIVANJJS@aol.com (SHIVANJJS@aol.com) wrote:
>
>>i thought it was possible, don't large companys alow their employees to dial
>>up to their networks with modems to connect to company resources
>
>Yes, they do.  But they have digital lines that can support many
>connections through the same phone number.  It works like how you dial
>into an ISP.

its a phone switching station.  Any house can have 50 phones on the same
line.  If you are really interested, you can get a rep from the phone
company install a box on the outside of your house.

Digital lines go into it (I think about 68) and you get analogue phone
lines on the other side.

Usually you have analogue signals installed to your house, your line goes
to the phone utility, then your call is translated to digital signals,
routed, then changed back into analogue.  It would be a waste routing 5,000
wires to one ISP, so they do the same thing with 68 lines.

Okay, I'll be quiet.  :)