Re: TI-H: hey i have a question.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: hey i have a question.

>In a message dated 9/20/98 12:04:07 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
>storytelr@yahoo.com writes:
>
><< k now if someone wanted to oh... hook Christmas lites up on his car,
> and use them while driving and/or a display of school and christmas
> spirit.  what sortof a power source, or converter would one need????
>
> i mean like a portable generator or a converter on the cigerette
> lighter, the type of christmas lites would be either indoor, or
> outdoor lights, and i live in canada, if that helps with any wattage
> conversions.
>

> - nathan wainwright(StoryTelr@yahoo.com)
>  >>
>At Radio Shack they have converters that plug into the cigarette lighter than
>you can just plug the Christmas lights and drive away.

Yeah.  $99 will give you 100 watts.  Take apart a transformer, add some
transistors, a resistor, and a cap and there you have it.  your own $10
inverter that makes 100 watts.

Christmas lights aren't that sensitive so the lack of a "good" inverter
circut won't hurt anything.  Most PSs today are good anyway.  I alaways
power my computer off of 2 microwave transformers and I've never had
problems.

Grant