Re: TI-H: linux...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: linux...

> I call a router, a router.  gussie.alaska.net is a router.  I'm using
> 192.168.1.63 and the www server is 192.168.1.249.  List server
> 192.168.1.248.  Router, 192.168.1.1.  You can force a caching proxy on
> people who are using a PPP server and the gateway the ISP provides.
>
> Aol gives dumb names to their proxy servers.  :/

	You can't FORCE a proxy on anyone. A proxy recives a request, then the
PROXY sends a request to the machine the computer(not the PROXY)
requested, the data is sent to the PROXY, which relays the data to you
computer. The programs must be SETUP to send requests to proxys instead
of the machine you want the data from.  A caching PROXY is a PROXY which
caches frequently accessed documents for faster retieval.

AOL's 'proxy' servers are probably ROUTERS.

You obivously do not know what you are talking about. I suggest giving
up while you do not look like a complete fool.

Adam

Follow-Ups: References: