Re: TI-H: Grant: Master of AOL (NOT!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Matthew H. Fogle (foglem@cec2.aps.edu) wrote:

>Hey; I'm the guy who worked for them. I was a call rep and it's true; most
>likely 50% of the tech's they hire no little without a LOT of training. And
>they do fire tech's that are found to be giving false info. But you try
>keeping 10,000,000 users happy and trouble free! They do a good job
>considering the problems they have. I personally would not ever use them as a
>ISP but that's because of the level of experience I have. Think about what
>service you'd recommend to someone who know NOTHING about computer let alone
>the net who you just wanted to be able to email!

Ok...Well, look at all of the other ISP's out there.  They keep their
users happy.  AOL is just too large.  Not having adequate tech support is
also a problem.  The guys at my ISP are always available for help 24/7
either through the phone or e-mail.  Every time I've tried calling AOL
you always have to wait, and sometimes they can't answer your questions!
Btw, I'd never recommened any internet service to someone who knew
nothing about a computer or the internet.  First, let them learn how to
use their computer...  There's anotehr bad point about AOL.  Too many
computer illiterate people on the net, and now they're actually on the
net thanks to AOL.  Besides, with the hassles of AOL, it's a lot better
to start out from an ISP.  There are more software options available via
an ISP too.  Plus, you don't have to connect to a certain service with
certain software to check your e-mail.  You can check your mail anywhere
there is an internet connection.

--Brian

Brian Watson (pilotcar@iserv.net)
AIM: Moofit