Re: TI-H: Just got a TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Just got a TI-83

you could definatly send it to TI, i mean if i company does not fix
its systems (at least new ones), then that is bad for buisness.  good
luck with them, for exchanging it, depends 1. do you know how it
died???  2. how could can you BS????

- nathan wainwright(StoryTelr@yahoo.com)

---David Ropte <gompers@jumpgate.net> wrote:

> Well, I've got a 92 that I think the port is gone messed up on. Only
> problem is, I've only had it for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure
what to do
> just yet. I'm half tempted to take it in and see if they'll exchange
it for
> a new one. I wonder if I could send it in to TI and they could
repair it?
> Any suggestions?
> Dave
> At 12:03 13/09/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >

> >> How exactly do you go about replaceing a link port?
> >>
> >> Dave
> >
> >Well first I took and removed the old one that broke.
> >Then I ordered a new part similar to the original
> >from Mouser, and waited for it to arrive. After I got
> >the part I cut a Square hole for it to stick out near
> >the old hole, and glued the new one down(pins to the
> >back of the calc, away from PCB) so it stuck out a
> >little bit. I then used a scrap of Ribbon cable to
> >make the connections. It has work great since I
> >installed it and shows no sign of wearing out or
> >breaking. I hope to have picture soon for those who
> >need them.

==
A rose is a beautiful thing,
A sunset is a gorgeous sight,